PhD in administration - Information Technology
PhD in Administration — Information Technology
Are you planning on an academic career in the management of information technology?
Do your PhD in a milieu dedicated to research and innovation, in an internationally renowned community of professors and researchers.
Your PhD in short
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in four or five years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
For a career in academia
The 21 graduates from this doctoral program between 2010 and 2021 hold research positions. Among them, 19 obtained an assistant professor position at a university before or right after graduating.
“I had 10 years of industry experience behind me, but no knowledge whatsoever of the world of academia, and zero publications. The program exceeded my expectations… ultimately landing a tenure-track position in the best place for me.”
Among the best
Students in this doctoral specialization publish their research findings in the world’s top information systems management journals, including:
- European Journal of Information Systems
- Information Systems Journal
- Information Systems Research
- Journal of Management Information Systems
- Journal of Strategic Information Systems
- Journal of the Association for Information Systems
- Management Information Systems Quarterly
Thanks to these publications, HEC Montréal placed 2nd in Canada and 28th in the world in the 2018-2021 My Vision Research ranking.
“During my studies, I worked with an expert supervisor who is one of the best scholars in our field. I received support in applying for external funding and awards. I worked on different research projects, attended international conferences, and taught various courses. My PhD from HEC Montréal has made me a more confident and capable researcher and teacher.”
Widely varied research interests
- Effects of simultaneous IT use
- Electronic government
- impact of mobile technologies
- integrated systems
- IT acceptance
- IT and teaching
- IT implementation
- IT in the healthcare sector
- IT outsourcing and offshoring
- IT project management
- IT strategic management
- Use of IT
Our PhD students and candidates
World-class IT research groups
HEC Montréal offers doctoral students in information technology an exceptional scientific milieu headed up by GReSI, a research group of renowned scholars, including five chairs and four professorships.
Chair in Strategic Management of Information Technology, directed by Professor Suzanne Rivard, Fellow of the Association for Information Systems (AIS) and Senior Editor emeritus of Management Information Systems Quarterly
NSERC-Prompt Industrial Research Chair in User Experience, directed by Professor Pierre-Majorique Léger
Canada Research Chair in Digital Communication and Multitasking, directed by Professor Ann-Frances Cameron
Canada Research Chair in Enterprise Social Media and Digital Collaboration, directed by Professor Wietske Van Osch
- Research professorship in strategy and management information systems: Professor Ana Ortiz de Guinea Lopez de Arana
Research professorship in technology and aging: Professor Stefan Tams
Research professorship in development and use of information systems: Professor Bogdan Negoita
Research professorship in responsible adoption and diffusion of information technologies: Professor Camille Grange
Be part of innovations in research and education
HEC Montréal plays a leading role in the SAP University Alliances Community. The teaching innovations developed in the ERPsim laboratory are producing huge changes in the way ERP concepts are taught. Our graduates have the technical and teaching skills to use these active learning methods in the classroom.
- Full time
- Part time
- 100% distance
Future students, follow us
Share this page