A few days after submitting your application for admission, you will receive an email telling you when and how to submit your documents.
Copies of official transcripts
Educated anywhere in Canada
- Transcripts must include all grades up to the most recent, including of unfinished programs and courses taken as part of academic exchanges.
- Not required for studies done at HEC Montréal.
Other education systems
- Transcripts from all years of undergraduate studies and graduate studies if you have completed any.
- Documents should be scanned in vertical orientation (portrait) and consolidated into a single PDF document in chronological order.
You also need to provide copies of university diplomas, if obtained.
Proof of compliance with language requirements
You must show proof that you meet our language requirements.
- Collegial studies (CEGEP): No proof of compliance to provide.
- Others studies or test : Copies of official transcripts or test score. The official scores on tests taken outside of HEC Montréal must be transmitted directly by the organization responsible.
Letters of recommendation
You must request at least three letters of recommendation, preferably from professors or, if not possible, from people of your workplace.
You must submit a motivational letter including answers to the following questions:
- What are your main publications?
- In what field are you planning to specialize?
- What is your intended research project? Describe it briefly (max. 2 pages).
- Which HEC Montréal professors could supervise your research? List 2 or 3 names.
- How do you plan to finance your PhD in Administration studies? Describe any contractual agreements you have signed, if applicable.
- If you have applied for admission to more than one PhD program, specify the disciplines and institutions.
Official scores on GMAT, TAGE MAGE or GRE tests
- Required for all candidates.
- You must successfully pass one of these tests before the application deadline.