PhD in Administration
Do you want to contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge in management by conducting extensive and innovative research projects in a field that fascinates you? Do your PhD in a world-class school with recognized research units and professors.
Your PhD in short
- Courses offered in French or English, depending on availability and the teachers in charge of conducting them.
- Joint PhD program in administration with three other major participating universities: Concordia, McGill, and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQÀM). This is one of the world’s most important doctoral training centres in management.
- Full-time courses that allow you to complete your studies in four years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
Individual supervision and acquisition of teaching skills
- Supervision by an experienced faculty member who is deeply involved in research. This person will work closely with you throughout the program. A consulting librarian will also be there to assist you from the beginning of the program.
- Improvement of your teaching skills by participating in workshops and collaborating with experienced teachers. This will enhance your ability to teach and share your knowledge.
“It was an intellectually stimulating experience and a springboard for my career as a professor-researcher! I appreciated the faculty’s expertise and rigour, and how humble they were. The socialization and engagement activities really support success and personal growth. There is an overall sense of open-mindedness, integrity, and commitment. These values have stayed with me in my work in academia.”
World-class research and faculty
including 9 Canada Research Chairs and 26 research and knowledge transfer units
professors at HEC Montréal
with research funding totalling $30 million
at the four partner universities
Profile of the 140 doctoral candidates
are international students or permanent residents
“I had the chance to work alongside some of the most prominent scholars in my field. This helped me find a postdoc position at a first-rate business school right after I graduated. As a data science expert, I am now using cutting-edge approaches to solve day-to-day pricing issues.”
HEC Montréal: Among the global élite
Founded in 1907, HEC Montréal was Canada’s first university-level business school.
It was the first in North America to earn the three most prestigious accreditations in its field.
Montreal, a true university city
Greater Montréal is Canada’s university capital, with 11 university institutions and 313 600 students, 58 000 of them from abroad*. In fact, Montréal is North America’s second university city in terms of the number of students per inhabitant, after Boston.
*Data from the Bureau de coopération interuniversitaire (BCI), October 2023.
- Full time
- Part time
- 100% distance
Future students, follow us
Share this page