Are you planning on an academic career in the field of marketing? Are you interested in brand management, market analysis, electronic commerce, the customer experience, arts marketing or marketing strategies?
Do your PhD studies at a world-class school, as part of a community of renowned professors and researchers.
YOUR PhD IN SHORT
- Program offered in French, English or both.
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in four or five years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
FOR A CAREER IN ACADEMIA
of the 38 graduates from this doctoral program hold positions as professors at Canadian or foreign universities.
AMONG THE BEST
The professors and researchers in the Marketing Department publish in top-tier journals, including:
- Journal of Consumer Research
- Journal of Marketing
- Journal of Marketing Research
VARIED RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Arts, cultural industry and media marketing
- Business and services marketing
- Consumer behaviour
- Consumer culture theory (CCT)
- Consumer neuroscience
- Creativity and innovation
- Electronic commerce
- Game theory in marketing
- Industrial marketing
- Inter-company marketing
- Market-driven innovation
- Marketing and brand communication
- Marketing channels
- Marketing databases
- Marketing non-profit organizations
- Marketing strategy
- Modelling in marketing
- Product management and innovation
- Retail trade
- Sports sponsorships and marketing
WORLD-CLASS RESEARCH GROUPS
HEC Montréal offers doctoral students in the Marketing specialization an exceptional scientific milieu including four research chairs and two research professorships. Researchers in this specialization work closely with several research groups and knowledge transfer hubs.
Research groups and knowledge transfer hubs