PhD in administration - Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
PhD in Administration — Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
Are you planning on an academic career in the field of organizational behaviour or human resources management? Do your PhD in a milieu devoted to research and innovation, as part of a community of professors and researchers renowned for their excellence and drive.
Your PhD in short
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in four or five years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
For a career in academia
of the graduates from this doctoral program hold positions as professors at Canadian universities.
“My supervisor gave me the opportunity to develop my research abilities in an autonomy-supportive environment. Thanks to my PhD, not only did I land my dream job, I hit the ground running.”
Among the best
Students in this specialization publish their research findings in top-tier journals, including:
- European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology
- European Review of Applied Psychology / Revue européenne de psychologie appliquée
- Human Relations
- Journal of Management
- Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology
- Revue @GRH
- The Leadership Quarterly
“My doctoral studies gave me the chance to develop my teaching and research skills. They also gave me a chance to build a network as I collaborated on a number of paper ideas with different professors.”
Varied research interests
- Absenteeism and employee turnover
- Change management
- Globalization and labour
- Innovative HRM practices
- Labour relations and unionism
- Leadership and wellbeing at work
- Motivation and organizational commitment
- Strategic HR management
- Talent management
- Team management and efficiency
- Work performance
Our PhD students and candidates
HEC Montréal offers doctoral students in this specialization an exceptional scientific milieu, including three chairs and two research professorships. Researchers in this specialization work closely with several research groups and knowledge transfer hubs.
- Chair in the Management of Employee Commitment and Performance, directed by Professor Christian Vandenberghe
- Chair in the Mobilization of Individuals, Groups and Organizations
- Research Chair in Work Team Management and Effectiveness, directed by Professor Caroline Aubé
- Research professorship in labour relations and institutional innovations: Professor Christian Lévesque
- Research professorship in health and work climate: Professor Denis Chênevert
- Research professorship in entrepreneurial learning: Professor Jean-François Harvey
Research groups and knowledge transfer hubs
- Interuniversity Research Centre on Globalization and Work (CRIMT)
- Pôle santé HEC Montréal (Healthcare management hub)
- Full time
- Part time
- 100% distance
Future students, follow us
Share this page