PhD in administration - Management Science
PhD in Administration — Management Science
Are you planning on a career in academia or business in management science? Do your PhD in an exceptional scientific milieu renowned for the quality of its support for junior researchers.
Your PhD in short
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in four to five years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
For a career in academia or in business
of the graduates in this specialization hold positions at Canadian or foreign universities, most often as professors. The others are working in the private sector, as analysts, consultants or managers.
“Ten years after defending my doctorate, HEC is still present in my life through a vast network of personal and professional connections not only with my former supervisors and professors, but also with other past fellow students, who are now established researchers all over the world.”
Among the best
HEC Montréal has a team of world-renowned professors who regularly publish in the leading scientific journals in this field. They have accumulated extensive experience in supervising dissertations, and many of them have supervised over 20 doctoral students.
“An extraordinary experience full of eureka moments. It was definitely a milestone not only in my career but also in my life. Its stimulating, rigorous, and demanding learning environment gave me the opportunity to enrich my academic experience along with some of the world's preeminent scholars.”
Varied research interests
- Applications of operational research in finance
- Bayesian optimization
- Business analytics
- Combinatorial optimization
- Distribution management, logistics and supply chains
- Dynamic optimization
- Environmental management
- Game theory
- Graphs and networks
- Energy modelling and policy
- Quantitative methods in marketing
- Robust optimization
- Simulation-based optimization
- Stochastic programming
Our PhD students and candidates
“The unique environment offered by the integration of great teaching, top research facilities and immense support allowed me to develop to my full potential.”
Be part of research innovations
World-class research groups
HEC Montréal offers an exceptional scientific milieu thanks to five research chairs and three professorships. Researchers in this specialization work closely with several research groups and knowledge transfer hubs.
- Canada Research Chair in Decision Making under Uncertainty, directed by Professor Erick Delage
- Chair in Energy Sector Management, directed by Professor Pierre-Olivier Pineau
- Chair in Game Theory and Management, directed by Professor Georges Zaccour
- Chair in Logistics and Transportation, directed by Professor Jean-François Cordeau
- Scale AI Research Chair in Artificial Intelligence for Urban Mobility and Logistics, directed by Professor Carolina Osorio
- Research Professorship in Combinatorial Optimization: Professor Jacques Desrosiers
- Research Professorship in Complex Networks: Professor Gilles Caporossi
- Research Professorship in Dynamic Optimization: Michèle Breton
Research groups and knowledge transfer hubs
- Full time
- Part time
- 100% distance
Future students, follow us
Share this page