PhD in administration - Financial Engineering
You can apply for admission at any time, but applications submitted before the deadline will be given priority. The program's enrollment capacity is 25 students.
The program requires a minimum full-time residency of 3 years.
To be eligible, you must:
- Hold a Master’s degree, a diplôme d’études approfondies (DEA) or a Specialized Graduate Diploma (DESS) from a European educational system or an equivalent graduate diploma, in business administration or a related field, with an average deemed excellent by the School.
- Pass one of the following tests by the application deadline for program admission, with a score equal to the 70th percentile or better.
- TAGE MAGE (overall score: 283)
- GMAT (overall score: 640)
- GRE (overall score equivalent to GMAT score )
Exceptionnally, given the current Covid-19 situation, the requirement to submit results of an admission test (e.g., Tage Mage, GMAT or GRE) has been waived for the Fall 2021 admission.
- Advanced proficiency in French or English.
For example, you must have completed 3 years (90 credits) of university studies entirely in French or English or have passed an accredited language test (TFI: 850 or TOEFL: a score of at least 100).
Exceptionnally, given the current Covid-19 situation, the requirement to submit proof of language proficiency has been waived for candidates residing in China and Iran for the Fall 2021 admission, as the tests are not available online in their country.
Certain programs at HEC Montréal have a limited number of places available. For these programs, the School cannot guarantee that all eligible applicants will be admitted.
Future students, follow us
Share this page