Acquire fundamentals and begin your Experiential Leadership Journey
Core courses – 22.5 credits
Explore and master management tools and practices as part of a diverse team of students. You’ll acquire advanced skills that will help you solve real, complex business problems in organizations and businesses.
Each course lasts six weeks. The simulation lasts one week.
- Management Simulation
- Politics and Influence in Organizations
- Analyzing Financial Information
- Management Accounting and Performance Measures
- Market Structure and Competition
- Finance: Investment
- Organizational Design and Innovation
- Macroeconomic Environment
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Marketing
- Finance: Financing
- Strategic Analysis
- Deployment of Tactics in Marketing
- Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Operations Management
Experiential Leadership Journey – 8.5 credits
Become a more impactful and influential leader by taking part in HEC Montréal’s rich business ecosystem. These personal development pathways are unique in Quebec. They start with a coaching program that pairs you with a high-profile manager. They make your professional development and the optimization of your managerial skills central to your MBA.
Mandatory workshops spread out throughout the duration of the program.
- Case Method Workshop
- Managing Collaborative and High-Performance Teams
- Leadership, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and MBA
- Becoming a Manager – Coaching Program
- The Art of Communicating as a Manager
- Professional Development
- Enterprise Information Systems: A Business Simulation Game
- Consulting: Solving Strategic and Complex Problems
- Changing: Reflecting on Leadership and Personal Change
Build on the fundamentals: Management and sustainable development
You can receive a graduate certificate by choosing five courses from the Strategy and Sustainable Development pathway plus the HEC Challenge – Sustainable Development.
Build on the business fundamentals while pursuing your career goals. You’ll design a pathway with courses in Strategy & General Management and in Strategy & Sustainable Development. The HEC Challenge is a real-life business case competition: you’ll put what you’ve learned into practice and propose the best solutions for an organization.
6 mandatory courses, followed by 1 integration activity.
Duration: 3 months.
|Strategy and General Management||Strategy and Sustainable Development|
Customize your MBA
Choose from 4 learning experiences in line with your career goals.
Duration: 2 months.
Immerse yourself in the economic, cultural and social issues of a country or region.
- Sustainable Development Campus
- International Campus
Support a tech start‑up in one of the most prestigious programs in Canada.
- Creative Destruction Lab 1: Introduction to Technology Entrepreneurship
- Creative Destruction Lab 2: Growing Technology Ventures
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
This program prepares you to get in one or two years a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
You can get an additional certification in one or two years through this program, which helps you prepare for PMP certification.
- Managing Projects: Concepts and Techniques
- Preparation for PMI certification exams
No matter your academic or professional background, HEC Montréal’s faculty will share their high-level expertise to help you achieve your career goals.
- Process Improvement – Lean Six Sigma
- Business Analytics
- Dysfunctional Management Behavior
- Understand the Capital Markets
- Understanding Financing Decisions
- Value Creation in Small Businesses
- Sustainable Degrowth: Theory and Practices
- Developing New Products and Services
- Leading Successful Teams
- Global Markets and International Politics
- Being a Consultant
- Design and Entrepreneurial Thought
- Managing Disruption from Information Technologies
- Managing Big Data
Applying What You’ve Learned: Consulting Field Project
Integration activity – 5 credits
Share the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired during the program with an organization, which will assign your team a complex mandate in keeping with your professional interests.
Duration: 5 weeks.
Future students, follow us
Share this page
- Full time
- Part time