Le contenu

Applying for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)

Step 1: Start your application online

Applying for temporary selection for studies

Check out our application guide

Some key points

You will receive a personalized checklist once you have paid the processing fees.

Step 2: Proceed with your application

After you have completed your application, you must pay the fee and submit the supporting documents.

Note that an incomplete application (missing documents, no handwritten signature when requested, or insufficient financial evidence) may result in a notice of intent to refuse your application, as well as additional delays.

Need help with this step? Watch the videos (in French only)

Please do not contact HEC Montréal or the Ministry

Step 3: After completing your application

Notice of intent to refuse

If your file is incomplete or additional information is required, you may receive a notice of intent to refuse your application for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ). It is essential to respond to this notice as promptly as possible. Please be aware that up to 25 business days may be added to the processing time of the application. Feel free to contact us if you have any uncertainties about the requirements.

Confirmation that your document is issued

You will receive confirmation that your Attestation of issuance of Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ) - Québec Acceptance Certificate is issued through your online account approximately 25 working days after the Ministry receives the documents. Consult your file.

Make sure that all the information on your CAQ is correct (first name, last name, date of birth, program dates, etc.).

Your Prerequisites

Agree to comply with all the conditions for issuing your Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) for studies, including:

Exchange students: please contact incoming@hec.ca


This online summary, dated February 27, 2019, holds no official standing. Changes may occur without notice. Quebec laws and regulations, as well as information emanating from the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, take precedence over this document.

Students > International students > Prior to your departure > Obtaining your entry and stay authorizations > Applying for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)