Applying for a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)
Step 1: Start your application online
Applying for temporary selection for studies
Some key points
- Specify your level of study as noted in your admission letter.
- Program start and end dates – Winter 2020:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2023
- Specialized Graduate Diploma (D.E.S.S.): January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
- Master’s: January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2022
- Certificate: January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021
- Program start and end dates – Fall 2020:
- Preparatory year: August 1, 2020 – August 31, 2024
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): August 1, 2020 – August 31, 2023
- Specialized Graduate Diploma (D.E.S.S.): August 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021
- Master’s: August 1, 2020 – August 31, 2022
- Certificate: August 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021
- You will find a breakdown of tuition fees on the back of your admission letter.
You will receive a personalized checklist once you have paid the processing fees.
Step 2: Proceed with your application
- Print out your personalized checklist.
- Sign and date the “Declaration, Commitments and Authorizations” form.
- Gather all supporting documents and make copies.
- Since no confirmation of receipt will be given by the ministry, it is best that you send your dossier by registered mail to the appropriate address.
For students who are minors
Please do not contact HEC Montréal or the Ministry
- to find out if your documents have been received;
- to request preferential treatment for your file.
Step 3: After completing your application
Confirmation that your document is issued
You will receive confirmation that your CAQ is issued through your online account (approximately 20 working days after the Ministry receives the documents). You must use this document to apply for a study permit.
Make sure that all the information on your CAQ is correct (first name, last name, date of birth, program dates, etc.).
You will receive two copies of your CAQ by mail.
- Scan the certificate and upload it in HEC en ligne.
- Keep the second copy in a safe place.
This online summary, dated February 27, 2019, holds no official standing. Changes may occur without notice. Quebec laws and regulations, as well as information emanating from the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Francisation et de l'Intégration, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, take precedence over this document.