Tuition fees and scholarships
�Estimated tuition and other fees for the program
|Quebec students||$9 600|
|Canadian students, non-residents of Québec||$20 600|
|French and French Belgian students||$9 600|
|International students||$59 100|
For more details, see the list of tuition fees.
Definition of student status
Tuition fees depend on your student status.
- Canadian citizen or Aboriginal born in Québec
- Permanent resident deemed Quebec resident
- Recipient of a scholarship covering differential tuition fees, from your government
Canadian students, non-residents of Quebec
- Canadian citizen or Aboriginal born in Canada, but not in Québec
- Canadian citizen or Aboriginal born outsite of Canada
- Permanent resident deemed “non-Quebec resident”1
1 If you believe you qualify as a “Quebec resident”:
- Complete the Attestation of Quebec resident status.
- Attach the documents required by the MES, depending on your situation.
- Submit the documents through HEC en ligne > Documents > Documents Upload.
The change in status applies only to the current term.
French and French belgian students
Under the agreements concerning university student mobility between the Government of Québec and the Government of the French Republic and the Government of Québec and the French community of Belgium, your tuition fees depend on your status. Your bill is subject to change without notice.
- If you are enrolled in an undergraduate program or in an independent studies program, you will be charged the same tuition fees as Canadian non-Quebec resident students.
- If you are a French student who has resided permanently for over five years in Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, you will be charged the same tuition fees as Quebec students.
- If you are enrolled in a graduate program, you will be charged the same tuition fees as Quebec students.
- If you are enrolled in an independent studies program or taking a course that does not belong to your program structure, you will be charged the same tuition fees as Canadian non-Quebec resident students.
The tuition fees required by the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur (MES) for international students are the same as the tuition fees paid by Quebec students, along with a variable lump-sum differential fee.
The tuition fees will remain the same for the duration of your program of studies as long as you are registered or you do not change program.
You will be charged the same tuition fees as Quebec students if you hold a scholarship for differential fees granted under fee remission agreements between the Quebec government and foreign governments.
For international applicants
Our generous new admission scholarship program offers up to $15,000 to international students.
These scholarships are awarded based on the excellence of the admission file. No additional application is necessary.
- Performance scholarships
- Need-based scholarships
- International scholarships
- Other types of donor-funded scholarships
Scholarships are offered to students by HEC Montréal and its donors, granting agencies, private companies, professional associations, foundations and alumni.
Financial Assistance for Quebec candidates
Quebec candidates can apply for the Financial Assistance Programs from the Government of Quebec.