Services and workshops for MBA Students
Career Management Services offers MBA students a variety of job search assistance services, as well as advice from certified resource persons.
Career counselling services
- Ask oneself important questions and find answers with the help of a professional
- Avoid the pitfall of analysis paralysis
- Identify strengths, interests and meaningful personal experiences to make them work for you
- Explore and discover new career opportunities and identify the skills needed to have these careers
- Clarify the direction you want your career to take once your MBA is completed
Make an appointment
On reference only following a brief consultation.
Job search counselling services
Possible discussion topics
- Elaborating a job search strategy
- Developing and optimizing tools
- Marketing plan geared to your career goal
- Identification of selection criteria for the desired position
- Positioning statement (elevator pitch)
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- LinkedIn Profile
- Preparing and simulating interviews
- Negotiating a job offer
- Getting information on employers and their selection process
- Connecting with other graduates
Before making an appointment
- Determine your career goal by meeting, if required, with a career management resource-person
- Participation in the workshop Job search strategies is recommended.
Identify your unique value
Conference in English
- Provide you with simple and effective tools, as well as with advice and examples to help you create your own positioning statements (elevator pitch)
- Increase your ability to show your best self to decision-makers during interviews and networking events
- Show you how to use essential negotiating principles to get the most from your discussions
- Discover the best methods to maximize the impact of your MBA
- Employer hiring strategies and talent management systems
- How to develop a network with decision makers
- Organize your job search to save time
- Enhance your ability to use job search tools and sites: Vault, LinkedIn, IMT (NAICS code), IbisWorld, BIE, GoinGlobal, etc.
- The CV as an important tool when used in combination with your marketing strategy
- The essential qualities of a good CV
- Content to grab the attention of recruiters
- The most effective strategies adapted to your particular situation
Give successful interviews
- The basics to prepare effectively for any interview
- Interview techniques used by recruiters and how to prepare for them
- How to effectively communicate your skills
- Know what to do before, during and after the interview to stand out
Prepare for on-campus recruitment
- Information on participating companies
- Advice on how to prepare for events
- The dos and don’ts during recruitment events
- Preparing for the phone interview
- Presentation of available services in view of preparing for an interview
- Acing the first impression
- Cocktail events for networking
- Dining etiquette
- Dressing for the occasion
Mentor-for-a-day breakfast – MBA
- Exchange with an MBA graduate working in a field that interests you
- Exchange on the MBA graduate’s experience and integration into the job market after completing the MBA, as well as the career path and industry in which he or she works.
Organization of activity
- Three to six MBA students are seated at a table to discuss their common career interests.
- At each table, there is an MBA graduate whose professional experience corresponds with the career interests of the group.
- Students discuss with the graduate over breakfast.
You will be informed by email as to when this event will be taking place next, along with the registration procedure.
Exclusive services of our partners
Available on My Career (resources section)
- Beyond B-School, videos and expert advice on the job search process
- Goinglobal, advice for interviews and the job search process in more than 35 countries
- Vault, guides for career management, interviews, activity sectors and more
Karine Beauchamp, Career Counsellor