The HEC Montréal user experience design course among the most popular on the web
December 16, 2021
The UX Design course offered by HEC Montréal is one of the most popular online courses (out of 2,900) according to Class Central, a digital platform specializing in education.
This MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) was developed by the NSERC–PROMPT Industrial Research Chair in User Experience at HEC Montréal, and launched on the edX platform in April 2021. It is given by Full-time Lecturer Annemarie Lesage and Associate Professor Constantinos K. Coursaris, both from the School’s Department of Information Technologies.
About the UX Design course
The free course has no prerequisites, and helps participants master design thinking and UX design, through user-centred design to deliver innovative user experiences. More specifically, they will learn about:
- user-centred design approach
- integration of user experience research into the UX design process
- incremental, radical and disruptive innovation
- design thinking theory and practice
- divergent and convergent ideation methods
- ideation results analysis