Suzanne Rivard elected as an AIS Fellow
December 16, 2015
Full Professor Suzanne Rivard was elected as a Fellow of the Association for Information Systems (AIS), at the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), held in Texas from December 14 to 16. This is one of the highest distinctions in the information technology (IT) field.
A pioneer in many areas and an avant-garde researcher, Professor Rivard is now a world-renowned figure in IT. She is highly influential in all fields of expertise that she has developed over the course of her career, in particular risk management for IT projects, contracting out, business process transformation, and IT implementation and strategic management.
She currently holds the Chair in Strategic Management of Information Technology and is a member of the Research Group on Information Systems (GReSI), Associate Editor of the Journal of Management Information Systems and the Journal of Strategic Information Systems, and Senior Editor of MIS Quarterly Theory and Review Department.
A few highlights from Professor Rivard’s career illustrate the recognition she has received from her peers:
- 2014: Appointed Associate Editor of the Journal of Strategic Information Systems
- 2012: Won the Best Paper award for “A Multi-Level Investigation of Information Technology Outsourcing,” co-authored with Benoit Aubert, Jean-François Houde and Michel Patry, and published in 2012 in the Journal of Strategic Information Systems
- 2010: Appointed Senior Editor of MIS Quarterly Theory and Review Department
- 2009: Won the Marcel Vincent (Social Science) award from the Association francophone pour le savoir (Acfas), for her outstanding contribution to advancing knowledge in her field
- 2007: Won the Gérard Parizeau award, along with a cash prize of $30,000, in recognition of the value and originality of her thinking and her research. Appointed Associate Editor of the Journal of Management Information Systems, Senior Editor of the Journal of the Association for Information Systems, and a member of the Advisory Committee of the MIS Quarterly Theory and Review Department
- 2006: Won the Best Paper award for “A Multilevel Model of Resistance to Information Technology Implementation,” co-authored with Liette Lapointe, of McGill University, and published in 2005 in MIS Quarterly
- 2005: Inducted as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada
Our sincere congratulations to Professor Rivard on her outstanding contribution to the development and advancement of the IT field!