Specialized Graduate Diplomas (DESS) – International Pathway
Do your students want to acquire specific management skills that will open doors to a promising career? This program in French offers them practical knowledge addressing the current international issues that organizations are facing. It also enables them to study on HEC Montréal’s modern and multicultural campus and obtain two graduate diplomas.
- A one-year program, giving access to 12 specializations, in French.
- Leads to two recognized graduate diplomas.
- Students acquire concrete experience: case studies, internships, conferences, project courses trading room, etc.
- Students develop cross-cutting skills that foster creativity, autonomy, leadership and critical thinking: bilingual written and oral communication, collaborative work, business ethics, etc.
- Course content features Canadian organizations and their practices.
- Many opportunities for professional networking and exchanges within multicultural cohorts.
- Possibility of applying for a one-year post-graduation work permit.
Live the HEC Montréal experience and get a North American diploma
HEC Montréal is one of the few management schools with the 3 prestigious accreditations AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. It ranks among the top 5 management schools in Canada, and among the top 100 universities worldwide that teach management (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2019).
To take full advantage of a friendly and exciting student atmosphere, with more than 300 activities and as many opportunities to build a social life, build skills and abilities, and expand a contact network.
Many services are available. Students receive all the support they need to thrive academically and on a personal level.
Montréal, Best Student City in North America, tied with Boston (QS Best Student Cities 2022 ranking).
|KEDGE Business School
|MDI-Algiers Business School
Contact these institutions to enroll in this international pathway.
- Be enrolled at one of the partner institutions and be recommended by that institution.
- Meet the program's language requirements when applying
- Have obtained a “Mention Bien” in your secondary school baccalaureate and a cumulative average of 12 out of 20 in the partner’s Grande École program.
Hold an undergraduate degree or a bachelor’s degree recognized by the State, after at least 3 years of university studies (180 ECTS), with a cumulative average of at least 12 out of 20 for all years including Master 1.
HEC Montréal tuition fees apply during the DESS year.
Several paths are offered, depending on the agreements with our partners.
- Students enrolled in a graduate program do their Master 1 at their home institution. They then continue at HEC Montréal to do their DESS (equivalent to Master 2).
- Students enrolled in the Grande École or engineering program (Bac+5 track) do their 5th year at HEC Montréal (DESS).
List of specializations offered at HEC Montréal (in French only)
Check with your institution as the list of available specializations varies according to the agreement with each partner.
- Administration des affaires (except for those who have obtained an undergraduate degree in management)
- Analyse d’affaires – technologies de l’information
- Chaîne logistique
- Commerce électronique
- Développement durable
- Développement organisationnel
- Entrepreneuriat et innovation
- Gestion de projets
- Innovation sociale
- Professions financières
- Ressources humaines
- Option personnalisée
Contact our team.
+1 514 340-3595