To ensure that the ceremony runs smoothly, please take note of the important information on this web page and share it with your guests.
|BBA - French and trilingual streams
|BBA - Bilingual stream
|MBA and EMBA
|MSc, Professional Masters, Specialized Graduate Diplomas
||Monday, November 25, 2019, 6:30 pm
||Théâtre Maisonneuve, Place des Arts
|Certificates and Bachelor in Management (BGest)
||Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 6:30 pm
||Théâtre Maisonneuve, Place des Arts
||Friday, June 7, 2019, 2:00 pm
||Amphithéâtre Ernest-Cormier (salle K-500), pavillon Roger-Gaudry
Earned 84 credits or more, including credits for the 2020 winter term.
The convocation ceremony is for students who have completed their degree in fall 2019, winter 2020 and summer 2020.
MSc and Professional Masters
Final version of your thesis must have been submitted and you have to earn a diploma in fall 2018, winter 2019 or summer 2019 for a MSc or one of the following Professional Master's degrees:
- Master of Laws, Taxation option (LLM)
- Master of Science in Electronic Commerce
- Master of Management in Cultural Enterprises
- Master of Management in International Arts Management
Earned a diploma in fall 2019 or winter 2020 or finish the program in summer 2020.
Earned a diploma during the 2019-2020 academic year.
The convocation ceremony is for students who have completed their doctoral studies in all the faculties and schools at the Université de Montréal.
For more information, please consult the following page:
Collation des grades (French only)
- The invitation is sent by mail (postal address indicated in your HEC en ligne) and email (to your @hec.ca address).
- Your graduation ceremony ticket is free.
- Each guest ticket costs $40. Each graduate can purchase a maximum of 2 to 4 guest tickets, depending on the ceremony;
- Graduates must arrive 90 minutes prior to the ceremony to get their cap and gown and to be placed in the correct sequence to enter the Convocation Hall in a formal procession.
- Graduates and guests will not be seated together during the ceremony.
- The ceremony lasts approximately two hours. Out of courtesy to all graduates, we ask that you and your guests remain seated for the entire ceremony.
There will be only one Convocation ceremony for the diploma you are to receive. If you do not attend this ceremony, you will not be able to do so at a later date.
Before the ceremony
- You must arrive 90 minutes prior to the ceremony to pick up your cap and gown and to be placed in the correct sequence to enter the Convocation Hall in a formal procession.
- You will not be seated with your guests during the ceremony and will not see each other until the end.
During the ceremony
- You will enter the Convocation Hall in a formal procession, followed by the procession of School representatives. Guests will already be seated.
- You will be led, row by row, to get your marshalling card (name and last name) before going on stage.
- On stage, you will be directed to the Reader; give him or her your marshalling card.
- The Reader will read your first name and last name and you will cross the stage to receive your letter of congratulations from School representatives.
- Two official photos are taken while you are on stage (one with School representatives and one alone).
- You will resume your seat again until the end of the ceremony.
After the ceremony
- The Secretary General will invite the graduates and their guests to enjoy a celebratory glass of wine in the lobby.
- Please remember to return your gown before you leave.
- Be on time and don’t forget your graduation ceremony ticket.
- Keep your graduation ceremony ticket with you at all times! You will be asked to present it several times during the event.
- Remember that the gowns do not close. What you wear underneath will show.
- Remember that the Convocation venue does not accept purses, backpacks or other kinds of bags at the coat check. Leave such items with your guests before you arrive.
- Please do not carry flowers or other gifts onto the stage. Leave these with your guests.
- There are no childcare facilities at the venue. Please make your childcare arrangements before the ceremony.