The School names Piero Greco as new Director of Finance
September 11, 2020
The management of HEC Montréal has announced the appointment of Piero Greco as Director of Finance. Mr. Greco will take office on September 21, 2020. He will initially act as designated Director of Finance until October 1, when Georges Montplaisir officially retires.
Piero Greco holds an MBA from Université du Québec à Montréal and a BBA from HEC Montréal - accounting option. He is a member of the Quebec Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Order. He has over 30 years of experience in the finance sector. He gained experience in financial management while working in major Quebec companies such as SNC-Lavalin, Bombardier, CGI Group Inc., Dessau and LCI Éducation.
The appointment of the new Director of Finance was approved by the School's Board of Directors, since in this capacity he also becomes one of the three officers of HEC Montréal, along with the Director and Secretary General.
Piero Greco’s numerous responsibilities during his tenure will include:
- strategic financial planning regarding the preparation and evaluation of development and financial management projects;
- negotiating with various government authorities;
- maintaining financial coherence of the various projects presented;
- constant monitoring of market trends;
- optimization, risk management and protection of the School's financial resources and assets.
In addition to the Financial Office, Mr. Greco will supervise the activities of the Procurement Services, Budget Services and the Accounting and Treasury Services.
It should be noted that this is the second new entry to the Executive Committee in the past few weeks. Alexandre Auger, who headed the IT End User Services at HEC Montréal for seven years, was appointed Director, Information Technologies. He took office on September 8.