Le contenu

The IJCSM confirms its global influence

Cases published by HEC Montréal used at over 500 universities

April 18, 2019

More than 500 universities worldwide use cases drawn from the International Journal of Case Studies in Management (IJCSM) for teaching purposes. That represents upwards of 190 cases written by HEC Montréal professors in all fields of management.

This significant milestone, reached in early 2019, is a sign of the School’s pedagogical influence and credibility and the quality of cases produced by HEC Montréal.

The Journal’s impressive reach is also a result of an agreement signed with Harvard Business Publishing five years ago. The subsidiary of the highly renowned American university has been distributing the IJCSM to a vast network of educational institutions since then.

The IJCSM has been published quarterly by the HEC Montréal Case Centre for 15 years now, with 60% of its cases written by HEC Montréal professors. The remaining 40% come from professors elsewhere in the world.

All the IJCSM cases are rigorously reviewed before publication, using a “double blind” procedure involving at least two anonymous reviewers from the IJCSM network specializing in the field in question and who are unaware of the author’s identity.

The case method, popularized by Harvard University, is widely used in management education. It lets classes discuss real-life situations experienced by businesses and come up with solutions to the problems raised. It has also been used at HEC Montréal for over 40 years.


News > 2019 > The IJCSM confirms its global influence