Energy management programs
With its unique expertise in the energy management sector, HEC Montréal offers organizations a range of customizable programs or degrees that meet the needs of their managers.
Adapted to sector needs
- Programs developed for high-level executives in the electricity, natural resources, mining, gas and oil sectors.
- Knowledge required for the energy sector, including a deep dive into the major issues and project analysis.
- Initiation to the main principles of management, including energy management systems (EMS).
- Notions relating to leadership, mobilization, strategy and change management.
- New teaching methods that integrate theory and practice, analysis and synthesis, and reflection and action through case studies, team projects, simulations, and other activities.
- Application of knowledge acquired in the program in a project to be defined in cooperation with the partner organization.
“Acceptability, sustainability, and environment—now more than ever, the energy sector must face new questions. Our programs provide the solid theoretical and practical skills needed to meet these day-to-day challenges.”
Graduate Diploma in Management – Energy, Mines and Natural Resources
- Program with theoretical and practical training for people who wish to pursue a management career in the energy, mining or natural resources sectors.
- Program offered abroad, but subject to the usual conditions for admission and graduation at HEC Montréal.
- Program adapted to the current realities of these sectors and to the training needs specified by organizations.
- Development of specific skills in areas such as : project evaluation and financing; optimization of system operations; development and commercialization of energy efficiency and energy transition programs.
- Development of a strong understanding of energy markets, energy and environmental policy, and investment and operational decisions.
Fundamentals (12 credits)
- Basic Corporate Finance
- Fundamentals of Management
- Managerial Economy
- Decision Support Models
Specialization (15 credits)
- Energy Value Chain
- Energy, Mines and Resources Sector Investment and Operations
- Derivatives and Risk Management in Energy, Mining and Resources
- Regulation and Issues in the Energy Sector
- Developing and Marketing Energy Efficiency and Transition Program
Project course (3 credits)
- Supervised Study Project
HEC Montréal, a leader in energy management
- A first-rate team of faculty, researchers and industry leaders.
- A Chair in Energy Sector Management and an energy and environmental knowledge transfer hub with internationally renowned and sought-after expertise.
- A global network of some 50 industrial partners.
- More than 30 programs for managers offered in 15 countries.
- Training provided to more than 2,000 students and managers with great potential from 40 countries around the world.
Quebec at the forefront
- Champion of renewable energies including biomass, wind, solar and hydroelectricity: 99% of electricity produced in Quebec comes from these sources.
- The cap-and-trade system for greenhouse gas emission allowances linked to California’s, giving rise to the largest carbon market in North America.
- Aggressive regulations on the electrification of transportation.
- Several innovative startups in the energy industry.
Contact our team.
+1 514 340-3595