Industry Connexions | Arts, culture and Sports
A series of meetings between students and mentors to allow tomorrow’s talents to benefit from the advice and experience of professionals with inspiring backgrounds in their chosen field.
Monday October 3, 2022
Arts, Culture and Sports
From future managers of cultural organizations to future professionals in the world of sports, this first edition aims to bring together mentors with diversified backgrounds in their industry to guide HEC Montréal students on the path to their professional future. Expected fields: museums, festivals, music, dance, theater, literature, circus, soccer, hockey, coaching, volleyball, and much more!
Who will be there to meet you?
- Jean-François Bélisle, Directeur général et conservateur en chef du Musée d’art de Joliette
- Marie-Christine Boucher, Directrice de la Fondation Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
- Carolina Calle, Chef de l’administration des expositions au Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal
- Céline Choiselat, Directrice principale Philanthropie et partenariats de l’Orchestre Métropolitain
- Hugo Couturier, Directeur des communications du Conseil des arts de Montréal
- Marie-Josée Desrochers, Présidente-directrice générale à la Société de la Place des Arts
- Nassib El-Husseini, Directeur général chez Les 7 Doigts de la Main
- Meg Hewings, Directrice du développement philanthropique chez Pour 3 Points
- Julie Jodoin, Directrice de l’Espace pour la vie
- Marc Lalonde, Directeur général des Grands Ballets Canadiens
- Louis-David Loyer, Co-fondateur et directeur exécutif, développement des affaires et contenus chez Multicolore (Piknic Electronik, Igloofest)
- Benjamin Puig, Directeur stratégie et performance chez les Alouettes de Montréal
- Alexandra Roy, Gestionnaire Opérations Jeux Internationaux chez U SPORTS Canada
More info about the mentors will be published on the Facebook event.
4 to 4:45 pm:
Mentors Café to exchange with other industry professionals before the mentoring and networking sessions.
4:45 to 5 pm:
Speech by a HEC Montréal Alumni who works in the field to present his or her inspiring story and career path.
5 to 6:30 pm:
Speed-mentoring and networking. Each mentor meets with a small group of students at a time around a table to:
- Introduce themselves, talk about their background, interest in the field, share advice with students, and answer their questions.
- The students will have access to the list of mentors ahead of time and will therefore arrive with specific issues or questions.
- A cocktail will be served during the mentoring sessions.
- A virtual board will be available to highlight research projects in the field, job opportunities, upcoming events, etc.
End of the event.
Students Profile :
- Graduate students with a keen interest in your industry who could benefit from the guidance of professionals with experience in the field;
- The event will be open to all HEC Montréal students and registration will be required to participate due to the room capacity.
Would you be interested in sharing your experience, meeting our students and answering their questions, or would you like to nominate someone from your network? Contact Marion Malique, Corporate Relations Advisor: email@example.com
For all industries presented in 2022-2023 and to find out about our recruitment events, visit our calendar.
Fields Overview :
October, 2022 – Arts, Culture and Sports
November, 2022 – Life Sciences and Pharmaceutical
January, 2023 – Information Technology
February, 2023 – Digital Creativity
March, 2023 – Transformation, Construction and Transportation
April, 2023 – Cleantech and Sustainability