Le contenu

Applying for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Citizens from certain countries need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada.

The eTA is issued automatically with the initial study permit. It is valid for five years or until your passport expires.

See if you require an eTA


This online summary, dated February 27, 2019, holds no official standing. Changes may occur without notice. Quebec laws and regulations, as well as information emanating from the Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion, and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, take precedence over this document.

Students > International students > Extending your stay in Canada > Applying for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)