Work/study program for Québec students (SFA)
This financial assistance program provides subsidies to create part-time jobs on campus. The subsidy covers 50% of student wages (hourly rate and fringe benefits).
- Fall and winter terms: be enrolled full-time ;
- Summer term:
- be enrolled in at least 6 credits or
- have studied full-time in the previous winter term and intend to continue studying full-time in the following fall term;
- Be enrolled in a program of studies leading to an undergraduate, master’s or doctoral degree;
- Maintain a satisfactory average, depending on the program of studies;
- Have applied for financial assistance under the loans and scholarships program for the current attribution year;
- Need additional financial assistance to continue studying.
Note: If you are not eligible for the Loans and Bursaries Program because you have reached your limit of indebtedness or exceeded your maximum eligibility period, you do not need to have applied for financial assistance. Documentary proof of your situation will be required, however.
How to apply?
- Apply for a position from a School professor or department for the term of your request;
- Upon request from your employer, Student Services will send you a form to fill out to participate in the Work/study Program;
- Submit by the deadline your application with the supporting documents indicated on the form;
- Student Services will examine your application, the budget available and your eligibility for the program;
- Student Services will contact you and the employer to inform you of the decision.
- The job must be at the educational institution;
- The workload may not exceed 20 hours per week (exceptions for summer) and 250 hours per term, so as not to interfere with the student’s studies;
- The job may not last longer than one term. However, the student may re-apply at the start of the following session;
- Students may not apply more than once per term.