Suspicious envelope or package
If you see a suspicious envelope or package:
- Notify Security Service of the situation immediately: 514-340-6611.
- Avoid handling, shaking or smelling the suspicious item.
- Do not try to open the letter or package.
- Do not attempt to clean the premises.
- Isolate the item and evacuate the immediate premises.
If you handled the item, you must:
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water;
- Remove any contaminated items of clothing and put them in a sealed plastic bag or container;
- Avoid moving around and shut yourself up in a location close to the area where you handled the suspicious item.