When you hear a fire alarm or an emergency intercom message to evacuate, please act promptly:
- Stop what you are doing in a safe manner.
- Close the doors as you leave.
- Evacuate the building through the nearest exit. Do not use the elevators.
- Keep right in the hallways and stairs to allow emergency teams to move in the other direction.
- Listen to security instructions.
- Move away from the building and go to the designated meeting site (Côte-Sainte-Catherine building, Decelles building).
- Re-enter the building only once you have been authorized to do so.
- Become familiar with two staircases or two evacuation routes near your activities.
- Know the location of the nearest manual fire alarm.
- Know the location of the nearest portable fire extinguisher.
- Become familiar with the evacuation plans available on each floor.
Security Service staff and the emergency measures team are there to ensure that the evacuation runs smoothly; follow their instructions and remain calm.