Master of science (MSc) - Finance
On account of the waiting period (between 1 and 5 months) involved in meeting the entry requirements to Canada and Quebec
, we strongly encourage international applicants to apply for the fall term only.
Educated anywhere in Canada
- You must hold an undergraduate degree (at least 90 credits) or a degree deemed equivalent by the program administration
- in one of the following fields: Business Administration (BBA), Actuarial Science, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or in a related field
- with a GPA of at least 3.0 out of 4.3, or the GPA required by the original university for admission to a graduate program, if the latter is higher.
Other education systems
Educated abroad, under the French system
Educated abroad, not under the French system
- You must hold a university degree recognized by the State giving access to a master’s program at your original university, with an average of at least 12 out of 20 for all years of university.
- Successfully pass one of the following tests before the application deadline for the program. Some tests are offered online.
Admission tests are mandatory unless, at the time of your application, you have successfully completed at least 45 undergraduate credits in Canada or at least 30 graduate credits in Canada. No exemption is granted on any other basis than studies done in Canada.
Note that the labour market in Quebec, and particularly in Montreal, generally requires a good knowledge of French. Students who do not have the requisite level of proficiency in that language are strongly encouraged to take qualifying courses in business French
For the supporting documents, see the steps of preparing an application.
Certain programs at HEC Montréal have a limited number of places available. For these programs, the School cannot guarantee that all eligible applicants will be admitted.
Future students, follow us
Share this page