Maurice Marchon appointed to the Committee on the future of supplementary pension plans
January 5, 2012
Economist and professor Maurice Marchon is one of the members of the Committee on the future of supplementary pension plans recently set up by the Régie des rentes du Québec. The mandate of the expert committee is to contribute to the Quebec government’s comprehensive, in-depth pension plan review, and to report its findings to the Régie by the end of 2012.
The Committee members are:
- Alban D’Amours, former President of the Mouvement Desjardins, Committee Chair
- René Beaudry, Partner, Normandin Beaudry (actuaries)
- Luc Godbout, tax expert, Université de Sherbrooke
- Claude Lamoureux, former President of the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Maurice Marchon, economist, HEC Montréal
- Bernard Morency, Senior Vice-President, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Martin Rochette, Senior Partner and attorney, Norton Rose
Professor Marchon, widely quoted in the media, is one of Quebec’s best-known experts on economic trends. He is attached to the Institute of Applied Economics at HEC Montréal and holds a Licence en sciences économiques from the University of Fribourg, Switzerland, and a PhD in Economics from Ohio State University. He teaches economic analysis and forecasting, and chairs the HEC Montréal pension committee.