Careers in human resources
Help organizational projects succeed by better incorporating human resources factors. Give advice and help implement better HR practices in companies. Learn about career options in human resources management.
Examples of positions
Positions and related tasks vary according to the area of expertise and the university level achieved.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT – SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Advisor – Organizational Development
- Advisor – Training and Development
- Advisor – Change Management, Organizational Development and Quality of Life in the Workplace
- HR Business Partner
- Advisor – Talent Acquisition
- Advisor – Recruitment
- Coordinator – University Recruitment
- Labour Relations Arbitrator
- Union Advisor
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Senior Analyst - Benefits and Compensation
- Advisor – Compensation and HRIS
- Senior Advisor – Pension Plan
- Senior Advisor – Employee Benefit Plans
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLNESS
- Senior Analyst – Disability and Wellness Management
- Advisor – Workplace Attendance Management
- Advisor – Occupational Prevention, Health and Safety
- HRM Advisor – Occupational Quality of Life, Health and Safety
Positions available with a bachelor’s (BBA) (in French only)
These professionals sometimes have other expertise.
Related professional title
Meet with those members of the community who will be able to inform you about these careers. Join their networks, consult their web pages and exchange with them.
More on careers in management?
Consult the Vault and CareerLeader guides (Access in the section ‟Resources / Careers in business” of the My Career portal)
HEC Montréal cannot guarantee the accuracy of information exchanged on accounts other than its own official accounts.
HEC Montréal offers a wide variety of programs in human resources from the graduate to post-graduate levels: bachelor’s, certificates, short programs, specialized graduate diplomas, master’s and doctorates.
HEC Montréal’s Executive Education offers numerous short training programs in human resources management.
Career Management Services can help you determine your career plan and implement it.