Master of science (MSc) – Data Science and Business Analytics
Master of Science (MSc) – Data Science and Business Analytics
Get the tools to take on one of the greatest management challenges in the age of digital technology and artificial intelligence: become an expert in analytics and data science. You’ll acquire the skills you need for better decision making, making you more competitive and innovative.
- Acquisition of concepts for developing models and advanced methods in optimization, modeling, statistics and machine learning/deep learning.
- Development of skills to address decision-making issues in management: building complex data or optimization models, analytics and problem-solving using programming languages and appropriate software.
- Learning principles for optimizing business processes.
- Students can choose the supervised project track to gain real work experience, or explore a specific area of interest in the research-oriented thesis track.
- Professors renowned in Canada and abroad, in both the academic and business communities.
- French language courses and the Experience Quebec course can help international students integrate into the Quebec and Canadian job markets. This pathway is offered to most students who choose the supervised project stream.
Research in your field of study
The Institute for Data Valorization (IVADO) brings together industry professionals and academic researchers to develop expertise in the fields of data science, optimization (operational research) and artificial intelligence.
Many of the professors in this specialization are members of MILA, Montréal’s world-renowned centre for artificial intelligence research.
- Canada Research Chair in Distribution Management
- Canada Research Chair in Decision Making Under Uncertainty
- Data Mining Chair
- Interuniversity Research Centre on Enterprise Networks, Logistics and Transportation (CIRRELT)
- Group for Research in Decision Analysis (GERAD)
A step towards your future career
Organizations trust the expertise acquired by students with this master’s degree. This is evidenced by examples of recently proposed supervised projects.
- Data analysis in the context of sentiment analysis
- Creation of forecasting models in a business context: purchases, sales, cancellation, unsubscribing and breakdowns
- Credit risk modeling
- Inventory management optimization
- Customer segmentation in a marketing context
QTEM Masters Program: JOIN A WORLD-CLASS NETWORK!
Are you looking to develop skills in analytical and quantitative techniques to support decision-making in an international context? Spend a term at one of the institutions in the prestigious QTEM network and earn your QTEM certification in quantitative technology in economics and management.
Learn about the program and eligibility criteria
Your career outlook
Nearly 100 %
Expertise sought in many management fields: finance, marketing, logistics, operations management, human resources management, etc.
Positions held by program graduates:
- Applications analyst
- Business analyst
- Business intelligence analyst
- Director of operations
Future students, follow us
Share this page