HEC Montréal once again brings home honours from the Happening Marketing
March 21, 2016
For the second straight year, the HEC Montréal delegation of some thirty BBA took 1st place overall in the 24th edition of the Happening Marketing. This interuniversity marketing competition, the largest of its kind in Eastern Canada, brought together close to 400 students from 10 Canadian universities from March 18 to 20, 2016, on the Lévis campus of the UQAR. The School’s students racked up both team and individual honours in several events.
On the podium this year:
- Web marketing case (Élisabeth Bayard-Arthur, Coralie Bourgeat and Claudia Trudeau)
- Strategic marketing case (Justine Hutteau, Audrey-Ann Paquette and Tom Weber)
- B2B marketing case (Clément Leclerc, Matteo Quilici and Georges Renaudeau)
- Participation (Marie Azam, Benoit Chagnon, Audrey Lavoie Archambault, Laura Manzi, Corentin Mercier, Valentin Roux-Dufort and the whole delegation)
- Contribution (the whole delegation)
- Web marketing case: Élisabeth Bayard-Arthur
- B2B marketing case: Clément Leclerc
Parent (volunteer) of the year
A number of other HEC Montréal students also competed:
- Laurence Beaulieu, Julien Méthot, Romain Pourchon and Alice Bourgeois. Despite Alice’s having to be urgently hospitalized in the very middle of the competition, this team made it into the last round of the 24-hour marketing communication case.
- Valérie Goulet, Akram Benchérif and Camille Vermette (quiz)
- Victor Brunton, Chloé Lepany and Maxime Mourot (relationship marketing case)
- Marianne Cadotte, Victor Crest, Marianne Flageole, Marie Hilaire, Robin Houenoussi, Valérie Moreau, Marc-André Paradis and Simon Thellend (sports)
- Lise Ameline, Matthieu Kennis, Sasha Konjkave and Kasandra Politick (social component)
A special mention also goes to all the coaches: Alissa André, Louis Beaulieu, Jérémy Duhamel, Leyla Duranceau, Mathilde Fresne, Aymeric Freymond, René Gendreau, Benjamin Goldfarb, Sylvie Lefort, Catherine Leroux, Aurélie Michaud, Geneviève Rousseau, Julie Salomon, Rachel Sicotte, Sarah Stapleton and Jean-François St-Pierre.
Photo: Dominique Dumont, HEC Montréal