Careers in applied or financial economics
Professionals with a keen understanding of markets and the ability to use it to create a competitive advantage. Job opportunities here and abroad. Find out about careers in applied or financial economics.
Examples of positions
Positions and related duties vary according to the area of expertise and the university degree obtained.
- Risk Management Analyst
- Capital Market Analyst
- Financial Market and Treasury Analyst
- Analyst – Research and Financial Communication, Strategic Partnerships
- Corporate Sales Analyst
- Economic and Investment Strategy Advisor
- Socio-Economic Research and Planning Officer
- Competition Law Officer
- Industrial or Market Analyst
- Financial Analyst – Case: Social Economy and Sustainable Development
- Economics Project Officer
- Advisor in Business Development Centers (BDC), in Economic Development Centers (CLD) or within Community Futures Development Corporations (SADC)
Positions available with a bachelor’s (BBA) (in French only)
These professionals sometimes have other expertise.
Related professional title
Meet with those members of the community who will be able to inform you about these careers. Join their networks, consult their web pages and exchange with them.
More on careers in management?
Consult the CareerLeader guide (Access in the section ‟Resources / Careers in business” of the My Career portal)
HEC Montréal cannot guarantee the accuracy of information exchanged on accounts other than its own official accounts.
HEC Montréal offers a wide variety of programs in applied economics from the graduate to post-graduate levels: bachelor’s, certificates, short programs, specialized graduate diplomas, master’s and doctorates.
HEC Montréal’s Executive Education offers numerous short training programs.
Career Management Services can help you determine your career plan and implement it.