Student Mobility Program scholarships and bursaries
Bursary and scholarship awards policy
- Bursaries and scholarships are funded primarily by donners who contribute to the HEC Montréal Foundation and by a grant from the Quebec government.
- Bursaries are awarded based on financial need, whereas scholarships are intended to encourage student excellence and leadership.
- Only certain bursary and scholarship require candidates to submit an application, in which case eligible students will receive an email inviting them to apply.
- The selection process will take place between August 27 and September 10, 2019.
- The majority of bursaries and scholarships will be awarded in November.
|Bursaries and scholarships offered – Exchange program
|Bursaries and scholarships – Dual diploma
|Private scholarships and bursaries
Rule on the accumulation of bursaries and scholarships
Students may not receive more than a total of $4,500 in bursaries and scholarships.
This rule does not apply to the Ambassadeur International HEC Montréal scholarship, which is awarded when students return from their exchange.
No external funding will reduce the amount of bursaries/scholarships that HEC Montréal awards to a student.
Ambassadeur international – Association des diplômés scholarship
International Exchange Program
To encourage its top ambassadors, HEC Montréal will offer scholarships to students who have earned excellent grades and/or carried out the best initiatives promoting the School during their stay abroad.
Number: Dependent on available funding
Eligibility: Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students
- Be enrolled in a student mobility program
- Meet HEC Montréal’s course load requirement
- Demonstrate excellence by earning outstanding grades at the host university
- Actively participate in HEC Montréal’s promotion and outreach activities abroad (shows, presentations, recruitment fairs, writing articles, clips, blogs, videos, online platforms, etc.)
Procedure: Upon their return, students will receive an email inviting them to apply.
Payment date: May (fall) or November (winter)
More information: Scholarships Directory
HEC Montréal loan program
All students enrolled in an international mobility program can take out a loan with HEC Montréal.
Amount: $5,000 maximum.
Eligibility: Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.
Application: before, during or after the exchange.
Procedure: students must make an appointment with their Student Advisor for Student Mobility Programs.
Rate: 1% above the Bank of Canada’s daily rate. The rate is annual and is not compounded up until the due date for loan repayment.
Due date: capital and interest repayment must be paid in one lump sum 3 months after the student completes their full-time studies at the School.
Payment date: a cheque is issued within 5 days of the contract signing date.
Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) bursaries
To fund your international exchange, the LOJIQ, a group of Quebec organizations promoting youth mobility abroad, offers financial support for students studying abroad for a term in certain countries and regions.
Amount: amounts determined by geographical region.
- See the the Lump-sum grants table for the 2019-2020 school year (in French)
Eligibility: Canadian citizens and permanent residents (with at least one year of residence in Quebec).
Procedure: the Student Mobility Program team will send LOJIQ the names of eligible participants and LOJIQ will contact students to invite them to apply online.
Payment date: in keeping with LOJIQ instructions.
For more information: go to the LOJIQ website (in French).