This program will help you be more strategic in your decision-making and in responding effectively to the issues facing your organization. Discover business models and tools you can put to use right now to differentiate your business and drive your success.
Get ready to tackle your company’s performance challenges head on!
The three goals of the program are to:
- Jumpstart the thought process with regard to key issues at stake for your business.
- Update your selection of management solutions to maximize your leadership skills.
- Zero in on areas where you wish to have a decisive impact in your organization.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
- You have five to ten years of management-level experience and are familiar with the core functions of your organization. You wish to gain a better understanding of key concepts, analytical tools and best practices.
- Over time, you have developed a solid “big picture” of your organization and you hope to further broaden this view to get a better handle on critical performance issues.
- You want to build on the knowledge you acquired through MBA Essentials.
- You are interested in acquiring MBA-level tools, but you lack the scheduling flexibility at this point in your career to make that happen.
Note that if your management experience has not yet allowed you to gain an in-depth understanding of the main operational aspects of your organization, we recommend you take MBA Essentials before enrolling in this program.
- Refresh your management toolbox.
- Strengthen your knowledge of best practices in the business world.
- Broaden your expertise and fine-tune your ability to work strategically and make complex decisions.
- Consolidate your core management capabilities to make a greater contribution to your organization and increase your value.
- Reinforce your leadership skills.
- Apply new knowledge to your organizational realities.
- Expand your network of contacts.
Spread out over eight days and one evening, this hands-on program explores a wide range of themes to help you be better prepared to overcome the main performance issues affecting today’s organizations.
Evening – How to make your mark on your organization
Day 1 - Morning
Business model canvas and value proposition
- Understand your business model and how to create value for your customers and your company
Day 2 - Afternoon
Design thinking workshop
- Develop your ability to identify value creation opportunities both within your organization and in your dealings with your customers
Day 2 - Morning
- Learn a structured method for reflecting on and developing your interpersonal skills by tapping into other people’s insights
Day 2 - Afternoon
Managing change, collaboratively
- Help your change and transformation initiatives run smoothly
- Foster a collaborative environment in the midst of change and maximize your leadership impact
Day 3 – Creating value: Creativity and innovation
- Figure out where you stand in your market
- Gain a better understanding of what it means to create value for customers
- Take a closer look at the concepts of creativity and innovation
- Build a position in sync with the market of today and tomorrow
Day 4 – Intrapreneurship
- Identify business opportunities within your organization
Day 5 – Analyzing your industry
- Develop tools and an understanding of the environment outside the business and the competition
Day 6 – Reflecting on the macroeconomic environment and globalization
- Understand today’s business climate and prepare for what’s on the horizon
- Identify new opportunities to create value and examine challenges to be overcome
Day 7 – Your leadership in action
- Analyze why certain leaders are more inspiring than others
- Adapt your leadership style to the realities of your organization
- Identify your needs and adopt an individual development plan
- Understand the impact of your decisions on internal stakeholders (political skills)
- Show managerial courage and resilience when called on to make tough decisions
Day 8 – Tying it all together: Leveraging key issues to add value to your organization
- On the last day, participants will be given the opportunity to identify, analyze and present the solutions they plan to introduce in their organization
- The issues and solutions presented will help participants improve their ability to brainstorm, analyze and make decisions in heat of the action
Each session will include three components:
- Background material (scope, challenges, restrictions), thinking and sharing of participants’ experiences.
- Presentation by the professor on what you need to know to address various issues (trends, potential solutions, best practices).
- Review of an MBA- or Executive MBA-level case or exercise that requires complex decision-making skills to address the issue in question.
PEER COACHING AND GUIDANCE FROM PROGRAM COORDINATORS
Participants will be put into a peer coaching group based on their industry and position within their organization. The co-development method will be explained on the third day so participants can move forward with their integration project using this method. Reciprocity is vital to the process, which holds a myriad of learning opportunities as the program progresses.
Faculty administrator and instructor: