PhD in administration - Accounting Studies
PhD in Administration – Accounting Studies
Are you planning on an academic career in the field of accounting studies? Are you interested in financial accounting, audit, management control or governance?
Do your PhD in a milieu devoted to research, in a community of professors and researchers renowned for excellence.
Your PhD in short
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in 4 or 5 years.
- Program offered in French, English or both.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
For a career in academia
of the 27 graduates from this doctoral program hold positions as professors at Canadian or foreign universities.
among the best
The professors and researchers in the Accounting Department publish in top-tier journals, including:
- Accounting, Organizations and Society
- Comptabilité, contrôle, audit
- Journal of Accounting Research
- Journal of Business Ethics
- Management Accounting Research
- Organization Studies
- Review of Accounting Studies
- Strategic Management Journal
- The Accounting Review
Varied research interests
Professors’ research interests cover financial accounting, management accounting, auditing and taxation. This includes the following themes:
- Accounting manipulation and fraud
- Audit market
- Careers and jobs for accountants and controllers
- Corporate governance
- Corporate taxation
- Cost accounting
- Diversity on boards of directors
- Executive compensation
- Financial information and reporting
- International accounting standards
- Management control systems
- Performance measurement
- Performance measurement in non-profit organizations
- Quality of financial and non-financial information
- Social responsibility
World-class research in accounting studies
HEC Montréal offers doctoral students in accounting studies an exceptional scientific milieu.
A series of seminars featuring presentations by internationally renowned scholars.
Research chairs and professorships
Researchers in this specialization work closely with several research groups and knowledge transfer hubs, including:
Future students, follow us
Share this page