The EMBA McGill–HEC Montréal program announces the creation of an advisory board
October 29, 2014
The EMBA McGill-HEC Montréal program held the first meeting of its newly created advisory board. The advisory board, under the Chairmanship of Thierry Vandal, CEO of Hydro-Québec, is composed of 14 senior business leaders, including 5 program alumni. Its role is to guide the strategic direction of the program.
The creation of an advisory board is an important step for the program. It will ensure that the program stays relevant and innovative – both very important in the competitive executive education market.
The EMBA McGill-HEC Montréal program aims to reduce the distance between the classroom and the organization, and between the classroom and the business community. The creation of the advisory board fits with this philosophy and it will ensure that the program continues to stay connected to the realities faced by today’s business leaders.
Members of the Advisory Board
Chairman: Thierry Vandal, President and CEO, Hydro-Québec
- Sophie Brochu, President and CEO, Gaz Métro
- Jacynthe Côté
- Lili de Grandpré, Managing Director, CenCEO Consulting
- Robert Dutton
- Claude Généreux, Director, McKinsey and Company
- Elliot Lifson, Vice Chairman, Peerless Clothing
- Roman Oryschuk, President and CEO, Global Change Leaders
- Claude Séguin, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Investments, CGI
- Caroline Dignard, EMBA 2010, Vice President, Legal Affairs and CPO, COGECO and Liaison with EMBA McGill-HEC Montréal Comité des Anciens
- Giulia Cirillo, EMBA 2011, Senior Vice President, global human resources and health, safety & security, BRP
- Darcy Ferron, EMBA 2012, Director of Operations, Canadian Commercial Corporation
- Pierre Choquette, EMBA 2013, Managing Partner, Mondea
- France Margaret Bélanger, EMBA 2014, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Canadiens de Montréal/evenko
About the EMBA McGill-HEC Montréal program
Ranked 4th in the world for the quality of its students by The Economist, the EMBA McGill-HEC Montréal is a partnership between McGill University and HEC Montréal. It is an MBA program for seasoned managers who continue working while they participate in the 15 month program. The program welcomes approximately forty participants annually with an average of 18 years of work experience and 11 years in a managerial position. Classes typically meet Thursday through Sunday, once a month. Reflecting the reality of Canadian business, the program is delivered in a bilingual format. The program is practice-focused and builds on Henry Mintzberg’s managerial mindsets.
Morty Yalovsky, Eliott Liftson, Caroline Dignard, Darcy Ferron, France Margaret Bélanger, Thierry Vandal, Robert Dutton, Lili de Grandpré, Claude Séguin, Marianne Vandenbosch, Michel Patry, Louis Hébert, Alain Pinsonneault, Jacynthe Côté, Roman Oryschuk, Pierre Choquette and Giulia Cirillo.