Scholarships: Generous Support for an Inspiring New Generation
April 16, 2009
Some 165 scholarships were presented at the second annual official scholarship award ceremonies, held on April 8 this year for undergraduate students and on April 15 for graduate and postgraduate students.
Thanks to our generous donors, just over $2.4 million in scholarships and bursaries has been granted to students this year, in the form of admission scholarships, merit scholarships, travel scholarships for students participating in the Passport to the World international exchange program, Mercure scholarships for BBA graduates and need-based bursaries
New awards offered in winter 2009
Secretary General Jacques Nantel warmly thanked all the donors for their support for tomorrow’s leaders. He also noted a number of new awards:
- Désormeaux family scholarships, thanks to a $100,000 endowment fund, to support BBA students with excellent academic records and who have shown perseverance
- Great-West Life Assurance Company scholarships, thanks to a $50,000 gift in 2006, to encourage students who are involved in their community.
- Pierre-Alajarin scholarships, for graduate and postgraduate students conducting research into management ethics, thanks to a $20,000 pledge over five years.
- Three $10,000 scholarships from Claude Dalphond and Guy Le Blanc, to support MSc in Administration students, in the field of finance.
- HSBC Bank Canada Fund scholarships, from a fund created in 2004, for MSc in Administration students in the International Business option. These scholarships are in addition to those for BBA students in the Passport to the World international exchange program.
- New KPMG scholarships in all programs of study.
In addition, the Ordre des CA has increased the amount of scholarships for students in the Graduate Diploma in Taxation.