Content Menu

4. Temporary resident visa

In addition to the study permit, citizens of certain countries need to obtain a temporary resident visa to enter Canada or return to Canada after travelling abroad. Consult the list of countries and territories whose citizens need a temporary resident visa.

Note: This visa is issued only outside Canada.

If during your stay you expect to travel outside Canada, make sure that your temporary resident visa is valid for several entries (multiple-entry visa).

Please note that in some countries, the Canadian Embassy will not issue temporary resident visas for multiple entry. Find out before your make your application if it is possible to obtain a multiple entry visa. If it is not possible you will have to reapply for a visa every time you leave Canada.

The visa is usually issued at the same time as the study permit and costs $100 CAD. A single-entry visa can be obtained for $100 CAD.

Also, find out more about the Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).

Share this page :
| Plus
Logo HEC Montréal

Facebook YouTube Flickr Twitter LinkedIn Instagram
© HEC Montréal, 2019  All rights reserved.