Content Menu

Supplementary insurance


Supplementary insurance is not required by HEC Montréal, though it may prove useful or necessary for covering costs such as dental care, vision care or some long-term travel abroad (internships, exchange student)  not covered by RAMQ or the HEC Montréal health insurance plan,


Dental insurance provided by your student association

Private insurance

Caisse des Français à l'étranger - CFE (for French students)


Dental Insurance Provided by Your Student Association

The supplementary insurance offered by your student association includes coverage for dental care expenses. The insurance premium is automatically billed and added to your tuition fees.

For more information on the services covered by this plan, please visit the “dental care” section of the Santé étudiante website (available only in French).


Please note that if you do not wish to be covered by this insurance plan, it is possible to withdraw before the end of the withdrawal period.


Some students holders of the Quebec insurance medical card (RAMQ) can register for the health part/portion. For further information and details,  contact “Santé étudiante".


Private Insurance    

For more information or to purchase  private supplementary insurance, contact an insurance company.

Supplementary health and travel insurance available in Québec (not complete):


CFE (for French Students)

This complementary insurance does not allow you to be exempted from the RAMQ. It allows you, however, to cover  costs that are not covered by the RAMQ (dental and optical) and to offer good protection during your time spent abroad or in France. This insurance can become essential in the event of a possible internship in France, please consult the CFE brochure.


Resource person at CFE: Mrs Sophie Matias -


Procedure to sign up for CFE: 

Share this page :
| Plus
Logo HEC Montréal

Facebook YouTube Flickr Twitter LinkedIn Instagram
© HEC Montréal, 2018  All rights reserved.