Content Menu

Renewing the temporary resident visa


Citizens of certain countries must obtain a temporary resident visa (TRV) in order to enter Canada. 

Once you have renewed your CAQ and study permit, you can apply for a new TRV.



Check processing times



Problem with your application? Check the Help centre or call CIC at 1-888-242-2100 (from Canada only).



*This information has no official value and is only a synthesis of the required procedures to the best of our knowledge at the date of publication. Changes to laws can occur at any time without further notice. The laws and rules of Quebec and Canada, as well as the information provided on the websites of the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion (MIDI) as well as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), take precedence over the information contained herein.

Share this page :
| Plus
Logo HEC Montréal

Facebook YouTube Flickr Twitter LinkedIn Instagram
© HEC Montréal, 2019  All rights reserved.