Content Menu

Work in Canada


Working on campus (Limited number of job openings)

Exchange students are allowed to work part-time on campus during their exchange for a maximum of 20 hours per week.

Students need to meet all requirements below at a minimum:

  •  Students who have been issued a CAQ (Québec) and Canadian study permit during the duration of their stay in Canada
  •  Students must be fluent in French (advanced level)

See the following page for more information about working on campus.


Working off campus 

In general, students in exchange programs cannot work off campus while at school. They might, however, be interested in doing an internship after their exchange.

The government of Canada had signed agreements with about forty countries to increase young students' and workers' mobility.

Several programs correspond to different needs and each one has its own requirements

For more information on different work-holiday programs, please refer to these websites:

International Experience Canada

GO International

Please note that your application must be sent by mail through the embassy that covers your home country. These programs are subject to quotas. Plan ahead!

If you're staying in Canada while your application is processed abroad, you'll receive a confirmation e-mail and will have to go pick your work permit up at the border. For more information, come to the International Exchange Program office.

You can consult the CMS's website to find advice on CV presentation and interviews.

Working without autorization is illegal and the student will be sent back to his country of origin without explanation.

Logo HEC Montréal

Facebook YouTube Flickr Twitter LinkedIn Instagram
© HEC Montréal, 2018  All rights reserved.