This program provides a comprehensive overview of the essential management-related content and learning methods of an MBA degree.
Take advantage of this exceptional opportunity to receive 6 hours of personalized coaching.
This program provides a comprehensive overview of the essential management-related content and learning methods of an MBA degree. Participants will be given the opportunity to:
- Learn more about themselves, broaden their horizons and build confidence
- Familiarize themselves with the various interdependent functions within an organization
- Acquire new concepts, analytical tools and management practices to expand their toolbox
- Confront other viewpoints and explore what other companies are doing
- Become better acquainted with the strategic issues facing their firm.
IS THIS FOR YOU?
To become a more well-rounded manager, he needs to enhance his knowledge of the company’s various units (HR, finance, marketing, etc.) and get a better idea of how other top-performing organizations drive their results. An MBA would be the ideal course of action, but he has neither the time nor the budget to undertake a commitment of this magnitude at this juncture.
Like Simon, there comes a time in your career when you need to take that leap and invest in yourself to fast-track your career, elevate your confidence and up your game. Bearing this in mind, we have created this program to give you the tools to:
- Propel your career
- Broaden your outlook to gain a better understanding of your role and the various functions within the organization
- Acquire MBA-level skills without going into professional overload.
Day 1 - Mastering your management skills (+ previous evening) - Benoît Tremblay and Viana Poulin
- A new and improved vision of the management profession
- Assessing your managerial style and practices
Day 2 - Empowering your human resources: A winning strategy - Alain Gosselin
- Envisioning human resources as an investment
- Lessons learned from industry-leading employers
Day 3 - Driving customer satisfaction through listening-based marketing - Johanne Brunet
- Needs analysis and customer retention
- Cultivating a successful marketing strategy
Day 4 - Getting a handle on your financials - Hugo Lesley
- Reading and interpreting financial reports
- Top financial analysis ratios
Day 5 - Operational excellence: The key to creating value - Olivier Lourdel
- Managing operations: concepts, challenges and compromises
- Operational excellence: management approaches and models
Day 6 - The organization as a springboard for action - Viana Poulin
- Developing a realistic view of your operational leeway
- Understanding the interdependent relationship between various action-oriented solutions
Day 7 - Strategy as a source of organizational agility - Eric Brat
- Clearly articulating your strategic intent
- The foundations of a winning strategy
Day 8 - Spotting and seizing opportunities for action within your organization - Benoît Tremblay and Viana Poulin
- Identifying incentives and obstacles for translating knowledge into action
We have assembled a team of executive education veterans who boast leading-edge expertise in their respective fields and MBA-level teaching experience.
The pedagogical methods used are dynamic and varied (case method, discussions, role-playing and team presentations) to ensure knowledge and management skills are effectively and efficiently assimilated.
In addition to a series of lectures on various business functions, we use an innovative and fully integrated framework based on four pillars:
- Introductory seminar (Day 1 + evening): Participants will determine their level of familiarity with their management role. Using a self-assessment questionnaire, which has proven to be a useful tool for thousands of managers to date, and a series of classroom exercises, participants will take stock of their career, examine their management-related values, attitudes, beliefs and behaviours, and explore their approach to employee motivation and engagement.
- Personalized coaching: Two 3-hour sessions with a veteran manager possessing a rich, multifaceted career and an established track record as a business coach. This individual approach will allow participants to draw relevant lessons from past experience, improve their introspective ability, experiment with new practices and strengthen methods that appear to be working well. Concerns raised by participants during these coaching sessions will focus on such issues as delegation, leadership, managerial authority and credibility, and interpersonal relations.
- A learning log will be used throughout the program. Participants are encouraged to note what they have learned after each session and add their personal thoughts on how relevant each aspect is both to their organization and to their personal growth. This log can also serve as a tool to keep track of individual exercises, team discussions, reading materials, and peer and coach feedback.
- A strategy sharing and implementation day is planned at the end of the program. The idea is to exchange information on conditions that help and hinder translating knowledge into action. The activity is also designed to boost participants’ confidence in their ability to make the implementation process a success.
Faculty administrator and instructor:
Animé par :