Le contenu

Work and Studies

Working on campus

Work-Study Program


Working on campus : Eligibility criteria for international students

Students can work on their university campus without a work permit if they fulfill the following three conditions:

  • Study full time in a program
  • Have a valid study permit for the entire term
  • Have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

The Social Insurance Number (SIN) is mandatory in order to work and for income tax purposes in Canada. It is in no way related to health insurance coverage. Your Social Insurance Number will be valid until the end of your stay in Canada or for a maximum of five (5) years. It can be renewed if necessary.

Please visit the Service Canada website for more information.


Working off-campus


If you are interested in doing an internship Career Management Services can guide you in choosing it. Feel free to consult a student advisor about possible internships.

Students > Scholarships and financial assistance > Work and Studies