PhD in administration - Accounting Studies
PhD in Administration – Accounting Studies
Are you planning on an academic career in the field of accounting studies? Do your PhD in a milieu devoted to research, in a community of professors and researchers renowned for excellence.
Your PhD in short
- Offered by HEC Montréal jointly with Concordia and McGill universities and the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). This partnership gives you access to resources (faculty and courses) rarely available elsewhere in the world.
- Full-time program allowing you to complete your studies in 4 or 5 years.
- Tuition fees waived and competitive funding for the first four years of your studies.
For a career in academia
of the 26 graduates from this doctoral program hold positions as professors at Canadian or foreign universities.
Varied research interests
Professors’ research interests cover financial accounting, management accounting, auditing and taxation. This includes the following themes:
- Accounting manipulation and fraud
- Audit market
- Careers and jobs for accountants
- Corporate governance
- Corporate taxation
- Diversity on boards of directors
- Executive compensation
- Financial information and reporting
- International accounting standards
- Management control systems
- Performance measurement
- Performance measurement systems in NPOs
- Quality of financial and non-financial information
- Social responsibility
World-class research in accounting studies
HEC Montréal offers doctoral students in accounting studies an exceptional scientific milieu including two research chairs and a professorship.
Researchers in this specialization work closely with several research groups and knowledge transfer hubs, including:
- Groupe de recherche en sciences comptables (Group for research in accounting science) (GRSC)
- Groupe de recherche sur les organismes à but non lucratif (Group for research on non-profit organizations)
- E3 Hub