$995 + taxes
One day – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
“Telling it like it is” refers to the ability to relay difficult or sensitive information to others without quashing morale. How exactly do you go about announcing a decision you don’t personally agree with? Or yet another major change in your organization? Or a round of layoffs? How do you approach an employee with an attitude problem? This seminar is designed to help you get a better handle on potentially tricky situations like these and deal with them head on rather than indirectly… or not at all. As a result, your employees – and your superiors – will look more favourably on you and your efforts.
This program is for you if:
1. C.O.U.R.A.G.E.: The key to managing difficult conversations.
2. Secure buy-in by being assertive and inclusive. Learn and practice techniques for overcoming resistance and meeting the challenge of organizational change.
3. Master the art of asking powerful, thoughtful questions. Learn how to craft your enquiries to get the outcomes you want. Increase engagement, counter resistance and validate understanding.
4. Learn how to be positive and consistent when fixing a problem. Practice using a foolproof technique for criticizing without offending, as well as tools that help you tackle painful or distressing conversations.
5. Find out how to get behind a decision while still remaining true to yourself: Your script is your friend!
6. How to survive a killer question... A strategy for dealing with “gotcha” moments.
7. Learn how to say no without losing your team player status.
Participants in all of our seminars will receive a certificate of completion from Executive Education HEC Montréal.
Inspirational Management 2: Telling It Like It Is