The CDPQ-HEC Montréal Going Global Program
Calling all growth-minded entrepreneurs!
Take advantage of a unique learning formula that combines training, networking and coaching
- Do you own or co-own a business that is growing in leaps and bounds?
- Are your sights set high? Do you foresee a day when your goods or services will be available worldwide?
Executive Education HEC Montréal and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec have put together a great program to propel your company internationally.
- A series of nine breakfasts and three evening events to fuel conversation, spark inspiration and bring you first-hand accounts from forward-thinking entrepreneurs who have a wealth of invaluable “been there, done that” information to share.
- Visionary entrepreneurs like Alexandre Taillefer, women who have taken up the going global challenge like Tatiana Bossy (Maison LeGrand) and experts who are helping female entrepreneurs scale their business beyond the Quebec market like Chia-Yi Tung (Orchimédia).
- Two “Dolphins’ Den” workshops. Unlike the “Dragons’ Den” approach, this activity brings entrepreneurs and experts to the table to provide constructive criticism of your global business development efforts.
The program will be based out of Espace CDPQ, in downtown Montreal.
- Prep your business to go global! Bone up on international markets, growth strategies, operational excellence, marketing, business risks, financial issues, leadership and management teams.
- Deadline: December 8, 2017
- Enrolment limited to selected applicants.
Introduction to international trade
January 10, 2018, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Context, trends, outlooks
- Program outline
Building your business across borders
January 17, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Main ways of breaking into a foreign market
- Advantages and drawbacks of each method
- Selection criteria to consider
Cultural differences and why they matter
January 24, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Understanding cultural variables and how they impact your strategy
Opportunities abroad: How to get ’em and how to vet ’em
January 31, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Assessing markets/countries based on their overall attractiveness and your own competitive advantages
- Creating a roadmap for success
Defining your business model
February 7, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- How to adapt your business model to market realities
- Dos and don’ts
Financing your international expansion
February 14, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Overview of funding mechanisms and programs
Workshop – Inside the Dolphins’ Den
February 21, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Put your newly acquired knowledge to good use and tap into the insight of our panel of experts
Playing by the rules
February 28, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Important legal and intellectual property considerations to bear in mind
Selling in the digital age
March 14, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- High-impact, low-cost strategies for raising the international profile of your products
B2B versus B2C
March 21, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Specific factors to consider based on the type of company you run
Using technology to optimize your operations
March 28, 2018, 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Rundown of various systems that can help support your growth
Closing workshop – Inside the Dolphins’ Den II
April 4, 2018, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Final presentation outlining your progress to our panel of experts
Is this for you?
- Entrepreneurs and leaders of small, growing businesses with global aspirations.
- Learn directly from established experts and entrepreneurs who have made their mark on the international arena – and network with the crème de la crème!
- Accelerate the growth of your business and break into new competitive markets
- Develop your management skills with tools to help you plan, measure and improve your international growth strategy
For more information about this program