Guides and tools
5 types of supervised projects
|Supervised project in an organization*||Supervised projects at the university|
|1. Intervention mandate
*French/English bilingualism required
|2. Large-scale case study
3. Specific research mandate
4. Expert opinion
5. Entrepreneurial Project
Registering for the supervised project
Together with his/her supervised project director, the student evaluates the nature of the project in order to determine the need for approval from HEC Montréal’s Research Ethics Board (REB).
|Fill out the questionnaire to determine the need for approval of your project.|
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Approval of a credited supervised project form.
Students can only start their supervised project after submitting the Approval of a credited supervised project form. At that time, the MSc administration will register the student to the supervised project.
Once registered, the student must complete the supervised project in two terms.
Language of the supervised project report
Submitting the supervised project report
A few weeks in advance, make an appointment to submit your thesis. Click here and enter your email address (@hec.ca) and your password.
|Submission term||Summer 2017||Fall 2017||Winter 2018||Summer 2018**|
|August 8 to 15, 2017||
December 11 to 14, 2017
April 17 to 20, 2018
August 13 to 16, 2018
*Candidates wishing to submit their project reports ahead of time may make an appointment at any time.
**Foreign students completing their program at the summer term must submit their supervised project before August 15th.
Make sure to bring the following duly completed documents to the first appointment for submitting your supervised project report:
1. Two printed double-sided and bound copies of the supervised project report (three copies if there are two co-directors),
2. The Authorization to submit a supervised project form, signed by your director,
3. Authorization from the REB, if necessary:
- If your supervised project required data collection from human subjects (see the “Registering for a supervised project” section, above), submit the authorization form from the Research Ethics Board (REB) and the Attestation d'approbation éthique complétée form (in French only);
- Otherwise, submit the Research not requiring approval from the Research Ethics Board form;
4. The checklist for submitting supervised project reports.
The jury members may ask for major changes to your supervised project report. You must submit your corrected report to your project director no later than one month after receiving this notice.
The degree-granting process is not complete until the final submission of your supervised project:
1. Save the final version of your supervised project in PDF format and name it as
a. Your last name without accents
b. Your first name without accents
c. Year of submission as shown on your title page (year only, no month or day)
e. Extension (.pdf) in lower case
2. Send it to email@example.com.